The Department of Physics and Astronomy has the honor of being awarded the 2019-2020 College of Arts and Sciences Inclusion Award. This award recognizes a department that has made notable strides to promote diversity and inclusion. The department has taken the initiative to...
- hire underrepresented faculty
- require Title IX training for faculty, staff, and TA's
- create an inclusive excellence advisory board (also known as SIE-STEM club)
- create and maintain an in-house food pantry
- dedicate funding to promote underrepresented faces and positions in STEM
- utilize preferred pronouns
- and much more...
The achievements mentioned above could not have happened without collaboration and dedication to make a change and promote an inclusive environment. Congratulations to the department for these accomplishments!
Check out the article posted by CAS here.