Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Arts
The program offers three concentrations:
- Systems and Laboratory Automation – designed for the student who is interested in working in a technical environment with a focus on automation, instrumentation and electronics.
- Professional Science Master’s (PSM) in Instrumentation and Automation – a nationally affiliated degree designed for the student who is interested in developing skills in electronics, instrumentation and automation as well as acquiring business and workplace skills.
- Professional Science Master’s (PSM) in Nanoscience for Advanced Materials – a nationally affiliated degree designed for the student who is interested in developing skills in electronics, microscopy, nanotechnology and materials as well as acquiring business and workplace skills.
Engineering Physics Graduate Minor
Cratis D. Williams School of Graduate Studies
Undergraduate Emphasis Options
Major program tracks in the Department of Physics & Astronomy include:
- Physics with a concentration in Applied Physics (B.S.) as well as Physics (B.A.)
- Pre-engineering including cooperative agreements with NCSU, NC A&T, Clemson, and Auburn
Along with the basic requirements for our undergraduate degree options, students have the opportunity to select emphasis areas including, among others, the topics listed below (check the emphasis options link for a full list).
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Computer Design, Programming, and Interfacing
- Digital and Analog Electronics
- Environmental Physics
- Classical Physics: Electricity, Magnetism, and Optics
- Modern Physics: Quantum Physics and Relativity
- Nanotechnology and Material Science
- Health Physics
- Computational Physics
- Physics Education, Physics Demonstration and Laboratory Management